If your truck is transporting heavy good and large volumes regularly, then it can demand regular maintenance and services. If you do not use quality products, then it can cost quite higher to repair your truck parts.
One of the most important truck body accessories is a bed liner. It is used to protect your truck bed. A good-quality bed liner will protect your truck bed from the damage caused by the heavy goods. Today we will review and compare the Herculiner HCL1B8 bed liner which is one of the best products available in the market today.
The HCL1B8 is not just used as a roll-on truck bed liner; you can use it in 101 ways which made this product so popular worldwide. It is not only a bestseller on Amazon, but also got glowing reviews from the customers who used it.
Why is Herculiner bed liner so popular?
The Herculiner HCL1B8 is a perfect DIY bed liner which has a textured polyurethane truck bed coating. Comparing with other DIY bed liners, it is lot thicker than them. It offers a full slip resistant property which not only protects your truck bed from scratches but also protects the good from being damaged when you apply sudden breaks or drive on a rough road. It is chemical resistant and naturally solvent. If you transport goods in rainy weather or other wet conditions, then the HCL1B8 Herculiner bed liner is the perfect choice for your truck.
Features of Herculiner HCL1B8 Bed Liner are:
- The Herculiner HCL1B8 is a ready-to-use brush on DIY Bedliner
- It is easy to use in just three steps
- It provides five times more thickness compared to the other regular bed liner coatings
- The polyurethane structured coating provides protective toughness and an extra shine to your truck bed with a gloss black finish
- The skid resistant surface will not flake, peel, or chip
- It provides protection against solvents, oil, gasoline, and other damaging chemicals
- It seals and bond the surface so prevents rust
- It fits in all vehicle brands and models
- It can cover a six ft. truck bed easily
- Not only for vehicle, but you can also use it for wood, metal, concrete, rubber, asphalt, aluminum, plastics like PVC, and fiberglass for having a protective coating
What did I get in the Herculiner bed liner kit?
- One abrasive pad to prepare truck bed
- One-gallon protective coating of Herculiner which comes as ready-to-use
- Two rollers which allowed to get an easy and even application
- Brush which I used on tight surfaces and corners
- One handle for roller
You can apply the Herculiner DIY bed liner in just three simple steps. Check them below:
Mask off all the surface area where you want to apply bedliner and clean the dirt and grime. Scuff the paint surfaces and do not leave any glossy area. Use Xylene, Acetone or the MEK solution for wiping down the surface. Take at least 4 hours of this process. Take your time and do it properly.
Before use, stir the Herculiner bedliner thoroughly. This will suspend the rubber particles and assure you an even coating. Make the first coat light which will act as a primer for your second coat.
After successfully applying the first coat, let the bed liner dry for approximately one to four hours. After applying the second coat, don’t use the coated area before 24 hours for a light use and at least three to five days for heavy use. This will give you long-lasting performance and protection for your Herculiner bed liner.
Precautions for applying the bed liner
- Don’t eat or drink anything when you are in between the application process
- Always wear protective gloves and clothes when applying the bed liner
- Wear glasses or mask
- If it is dropped on your skin, immediately remove it with Xylene and then wash the area with soap and water. Otherwise, it will be almost impossible to remove it from the skin
- Avoid any unnecessary exposure
- Red, gray and white kits are costly than black
- The smell of the Herculiner bedliner can linger for up to six-seven days
- You cannot apply it in your basement, must have a well-ventilated area
- It may tend to get tacky in hot conditions
- It cannot be removed once it is dried, so you have to make sure it is applied perfectly otherwise you will have to bear with it
When you compare and review of the Herculiner HCL1B8 bed liner with other DIY coating liners, then it surely has the upper hand than all of them. In some cases, you may not be happy with the two coats of application. in such conditions, you can apply three or four coats of the bed liner. Use it for your truck bed, or for any surface material, you will surely get a shiny, tough, and durable textured coating. Just keep in mind the precautions and a couple of limitations of the Herculiner bed liner.
Stay with us for other useful comparison and reviews of bed liners.