Best Running Boards for Toyota Tundra – Top Rated Side Steps for Cars
Toyota Tundra. What a magnificent car it is! All owners pride themselves in driving a car that commands respect. They also make a few adjustments from time to time to customize it according to their needs. One of the most common additions is the running board.
The reason why running boards always make it to the list of customizations is that they serve two purposes: style and convenience. With running boards, the whole look of the car changes. It gives it an inexpressible appeal. Plus, you will realize that this was what was missing all along! Alongside this, the convenience that you enjoy with running boards takes things to a whole new level. Toyota Tundra cars are usually high, and many people would love the help of an additional step to climb in & out. Running boards help exactly with that.
Now, without further ado, let’s discuss the best running boards for Toyota Tundra in the market today.
Best Running Boards for Toyota Tundra
1.For Tundra CrewMax Pair of 5” OE Style Side Step Nerf Bar Running Boards
Made with aluminum, these running boards are durable and rust-resistant. They are very popular among buyers because of the convenience they provide during installation as well as during usage. Let’s find out more about them:
- They are covered with ABS plastic, which makes them slip-resistant.
- They have plastic end caps as well, which offer a flush appearance.
- The width of these steps is 5 inches.
- They are easy to install and do not require drilling. The manufacturers say that you can set them up within an hour.
- The package also includes mounting brackets and installation hardware.
- You can use them for any Tundra CrewMax models from 07 to 17.
- The surface has a matte finish.
2. Tyger Auto TG-AM2T20208 Star Armor Kit
Another excellent set of running boards for Toyota Tundra CrewMax, the Tyger Auto promises durability, style, and convenience. It comes completely assembled and so, you don’t have to worry about installation. Let’s check its specifications:
- They are heavy-duty running boards with 2-inch diameter tubes.
- They have a one-piece design.
- You can install them easily with bolts and without the need for drilling. The package includes clear DIY instructions to help you through the process.
- Please note that these only fit CrewMax cars with 4 full-sized doors. They are not designed for double cabs.
- It is coated with dual-stage gloss black powder.
- These black-textured running boards also come with a 5-year warranty that covers any and all manufacturing defects.
3. APS iBoard Running Boards 6” Custom Fit 2007-19 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Pickup 4-Door
This popular kit consists of 2 running boards, installation hardware, and mounting brackets. This means that you don’t have to buy anything additional to install the boards. Highly reliable and convenient, there’s no wonder why the APS iBoard Running Boards are the most popular options out there today. Here are the details about the features:
- These are solid running boards with 100% aircraft grade body made with aluminum.
- The boards are corrosion-resistant, strong, and durable.
- They are 6 inches wide.
- They have a low-profile design with a silver aluminum finish.
- They are slip-resistant.
- The running boards have a rubber step pad for comfort.
- They are easy to install and are compatible with all 2007 to 2019 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Pickups.
4. Gldifa 5” Oval Black Running Boards
If you are looking for running boards that are durable and affordable at the same time, you will love the Gldfia oval running boards. They are five inches wide and come with multiple features that we shall discuss now:
- They are made with heavy duty carbon steel.
- They are coated with black powder for a smooth, aesthetic finish.
- They have slip-resistant plastic step pads to make usage convenient and safe.
- They are rust-resistant.
- They come with mounting hardware and an instruction guide for easy installation.
- While you can install the running boards yourself, it would be safer to get professional help so that you don’t make mistakes and struggle for too long.
- The manufacturer gives you a 1-year warranty against corrosion and rust.
5. APS iBoard Running Boards 4” Custom Fit
This is another set of running boards from APS iBoard. These are 4 inches in width and are perfect for Toyota Tundra Double Cab Pickup 4-door cars. However, you can use them only with 2004 to 2006 models. So, if you have an old car that you want to upgrade with the best, the APS iBoard should be your go-to. Below are a few additional details:
- They have an aluminum build with complete protection against corrosion and rust.
- They provide a comfortable step for the entire family including children who usually cannot get in the car without help.
- The steps have corrugated rubber step pads for security and for resistance against slipping.
- They uplift the look and feel of the car while providing the functionality you are looking for.
- They are quite easy to install as they come with the required hardware and instructions.
6. MICROPOWER Running Boards – Nerf Bars
It may be named MICROPOWER, but this set packs a punch, no doubt! It is one of our favorite running board set on this list for many reasons, which we are happy to share with you below:
- These running boards have been designed specifically for Toyota Tundra CrewMax from 2007 to 2020. So, whether you have an old model or the latest one, you can buy the MICROPOWER running boards. However, if you have an older model (before 2007), we request you to look at other options.
- The steps are durable and resistant to scratches. They are also rust- and weather-resistant. This is because they are made of heavy-duty mild steel that has an e-coating.
- The steps have non-slip pads, which are extremely important.
- You can enjoy a very wide stepping area with these running boards.
- Its frame is rugged, and it has a body mount design that provides the required strength.
- The tubing is 3-inch wide.
- The pads are UV-resistant, and their color does not fade over time.
- These boards are not just practical but also aesthetic. They can improve the overall appeal of your car in a jiffy. Now, who wouldn’t want that?
- You don’t need any kind of expertise or complicated tools to install these running boards. They come with all the hardware that you will need for installation. On your part, you should have to bolt them in place! The instruction manual is quite detailed and helpful, making this process even easier.
- The manufacturer offers a 1-year maintenance service.
Choosing the right running boards for your Toyota Tundra must depend on the model, the type, and your budget. We brought you our list of the best, but it is now up to you to pick the best one for you. If you are confused about choosing, we are here to help. Keep reading!
Things to remember while buying running boards for your Toyota Tundra
By now, we are sure you know that the market has multiple options for you. So, how do you pick the best? What sets the great ones apart? Below are a few pointers:
- The material they are built with: There are 2 options here. They are metal and plastic. Metal running boards are more durable and can withstand more weight. However, they may affect the car’s mileage because they are heavy. Plastic ones, on the other hand, are light and not very durable. But, they have no effect on the mileage. We prefer metal ones because of their strength, but we invite you to keep your needs in mind while choosing.
- Length and width of the steps: These dimensions mainly depend on the type of truck or car you have. When you think of width, you also must think of comfort. Wide steps are easy to use but are easily visible as well. Narrow ones may be dangerous. So, be careful!
- Quality of the step-pad: These have to be anti-slip. There’s no negotiation here.
- Installation: Bolt-on installation reduces headache and ensures that you do not waste money on a professional mechanic or additional tools. That’s why it is the best choice.
- Cost: Last but just as important as the others is the cost. A set of running boards can be expensive. But, it definitely doesn’t have to weigh you down. When you compare and research, you may find good deals too!
What are you waiting for now? Go on, get buying!
All the best!