Owing to the best winch for jeep becomes an invaluable tool when you are planning an adventurous off-road drive. Good jeep wench will help you when the vehicle is stuck in crevice, hole or face any other type of damage. Choosing best winch for the money spend depends on many factors. One needs to look for the line pull rate, line speed, motor strength, and mounting style. Take a look at some of the best jeep winches picked up by the experts from the online market.
Best Jeep Winch Reviews
1. Superwinch 1125220 Jeep Winch with Roller Fairlead
Superwinch Terra 25 (1125220) is the best winch for jeep available online. This is a cable version of the winch is durable and gives out extra power to your vehicle. Superwinch 1125220 Terra 25 is made using superior quality steel 3-stage planetary gear train with machined-in, oil pocket bronze bearings for smoother functioning. It has a 50-feet of durable 3/16″ steel wire rope, 2,500-lb pull rating coming from 1.3 horsepower low-amp draw engine and 4-way roller fairlead with various operation switching options.
Superwinch 1125220 Terra 25 2500lb Winch comes with these following features:
- Superwinch 1125220 Terra 25 has 1.3 horsepower that power load in/out quickly.
- There is the Dynamic brake to halt the wrong movement of the jeep.
- All steel wide size gears with machined-in grease pockets for smooth function of the machine.
- The circuit breaker is well protected using weather solenoid contact seal.
- It also has a low amp draw; high quality latched hook with thimble and ergonomic cam action free spooling clutch.
- Superwinch Terra 25 comes with a limited warranty.
2. Smittybilt 97495 XRC Jeep Winch
Smittybilt 97495 XRC Winch is the updated version form the Smittybilt XRC winches series. This best jeep winch has all the heavy-duty features to give a powerful performance and durability in the long run. If your jeep is between 9,500–17,500-pound, then Smittybilt 97495 XRC Winch will bail you out from the messiest situation. It comes with Sequence Wound 6.6 HP engine and 3-Stage Planetary Gear Program with an improved kit. For weather protection, the winch is covered with UV-Resistant matte black covering with stainless steel equipment on top.
Smittybilt 97495 XRC Winch comes with these following features:
- Smittybilt 97495 XRC Winch had a P67 Waterproof Rating and used for rated line pull of 9,500Lbs.
- The control switch is 12” lead and sliding ring gear for the clutch.
- Company recommends battery minimum of 650CCA for Winching with 22mm2, 72″ battery leads
- The Smittybilt 97495 XRC comes with Lifetime Mechanical Warranty and three years of Electrical Warranty.
3. Superwinch 1585202 LP8500 Winch Gen II
Looking for the best winch for the money you spend then Superwinch 1585202 LP8500 Winch Gen II is the right choice for you. Designed to fit any of the 4×4 vehicle, RVs, trailers or any other similar sized vehicles, it becomes the aptest winch available in the market. Superwinch Gen II has a strong 8,500-lb line tug rating through 94-feet of 5/16″ steel wire rope. With the 4.5 hp sealed series, the connection of the motor and vehicle battery remains constant. Other additional features of the winch are the lever-action free spooling clutch where a user can disengage the motor and manually draw out the winch rope on certain conditions.
Superwinch 1585202 LP8500 Winch Gen II comes with these following features:
- The winch has an automatic and mechanical load holding braking
- Full metal 3-stage planetary gearbox is efficient and makes less noise.
- The level shifts free spooling clutch for smoother functioning of steel wire rope.
- Heavy-duty latched hook with thimble
- The winch is powder coated and has seal solenoid that protects machine in all kind of weather.
- Superwinch offers a 2-year limited warranty with the product.
4. WARN 26502 M8000 8000-lb Jeep Winch
WARN is the most trusted brand manufacturing superior quality of winch for over twenty years. The WARN 26502 has 8,000 lb. Capacity, offering reliable service to off-roaders at a small price. Specially designed, this best winch for jeep gives you variety of mounting options for SUVs, Jeeps and most of the trucks. Compact, robust structure, 4.8 horsepower Series Wound motor, 100-feet wire rope with a roller fairlead and 3-stage planetary gear train is fitted in a compact design. WARN 26502 M8000 is available with limited lifetime warranty online.
WARN 26502 M8000 8000-lb Winch comes with these following features:
- Sliding Ring Gear is there for easy clutch movement.
- The drum is diameter 2.5″/9.0.”
- Single line pull is 8000 lbs.
- Recommended Battery of winching is minimum 650 CCS.
- Mounting Bolt Pattern is 10.0″ x 4.5″
- Wire Rope dimension is 80′, 5/16″/100′, 5/16″ diam.
- The Winch is covered with Argent Gray Powder Coat.
- WARN offers limited lifetime warranty online with the product.
5. WARN 86245 VR8000 8,000 lb Jeep Winch
Another series from WARN is the VR8000 8,000 lb Winch targeting buyers who wish to save their cash and still wants best winch for the money spend. This product has full 8,000 lb. Pulling capacity which is ideal for jeeps, SUVs, and trucks. Durable build and quick line speed, the WARN 86245 VR8000 winch is dependable for off-road drivers. The user gets separate control pack that comes with various mounting options, unique brake design for controlling winch, fast line speed and excellent motor power.
WARN 86245 VR8000 8,000 lb Winch comes with these following features:
- Durably built, smooth functioning, powerful motor and reliable three-stage planetary gear train.
- Available at a pocket-friendly price and suitable for most of the trucks and SUVs.
- Easier operations with the 12 feet remote control that stands up to any rough off-road treatment.
How to Install Winch on a Jeep?
Installing a winch might look like a tricky task, but if you have the correct knowledge, the whole process gets pretty straightforward. Before mounting the winch, get some basic hand tools like screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches and few hours on hand. Every winch is different, and as per the jeep bumper design, the installation process changes. The most important thing to remember is ordering the winch that is designed to fit on your jeep bumper. Also, if you are installing the winch and changing both the bumpers, then start with the front bumper and then backside as screwing the winch will be very tricky if done in wrong order.
Steps to Install Winch on a Jeep:
- Take out the winch and make sure to read all the necessary guidelines associated with the winch to avoid the hassle.
- If you are replacing the bumper of the jeep, make sure to install the winch on the bumper before putting them on the front part of the jeep.
- Install the winch cable before the final installation as the process will save a lot of time.
- Removing the old bumper can be a tricky task as its attached by 8 or more bolts, some on the corner. So, be patient in removing each one.
- Once the bumper is removed, check the fog lights are disconnected to avoid any damage.
- Now install the winch on the bumper. Once the winch is attached, you might need one more person helping to fix the front bumper again as the whole section will be hefty.
- Hook up the fog light first and then screw the bumper to its place.
- Wire up the winch with the battery and check if it’s working.
This process might take 1.5 hours or more if you are doing for the first time. As this is a heavy equipment, there is a possibility of slight sagging on the front part of the jeep. Check the suspension and space through which you can pull the winch up. A winch is an excellent accessory for Jeep owners who like to take off road trip every now then. With the best product and right installation process, anybody can install a winch on a jeep in few hours.
The best way to shop for a winch is by analyzing the weight and model of the jeep, SUV or any other vehicle. Once you calculate that, see the requirements and budget to get the best model. Every winch works differently on every terrain. So, set down the priorities to get maximum utilization of winch without having any hitches. Hope our list will help you sort most apt winch for the vehicle.