Most of us have some complaints of back-straining while removing hardtop from the jeep. For better results and stress-free life, we need to use hoists. They help us to keep damaging our bodies and our hardtop because of the installation processes. We can’t deny the fact that taking the tops off from a jeep is a painful task to perform because of their heavyweight. As they are massive, it’s challenging to remove any hardtop with just one person. Any hardtop takes a lot of space in our garage, and it’s frustrating. Apart from that, we all have experienced that they are risky to attend.
All these problems have one solution – A Jeep Hardtop Lift. It is explicitly made for Jeep hardtops. This valuable equipment not only provides the ease of removal without taking the help of others but also offers a convenient place to store it in the air! In this article, you can get a list of hoists that are trustworthy and capable enough to solve all your problems related to Jeep’s hardtops. Here, I have listed some of the best models that stand out from the other elevators. Read the detailed review of each lift and choose the best one for your Jeep according to your current needs and convenience.
Best Jeep Hardtop Hoist
1. Harken Jeep Hardtop Hoister
Harken manufactures one of the top products that are able to steal the show when it comes to the best hoister for Jeeps. Its height is about 12’ (i.e., only 3.7 m), and weight is between 54 kgs to 91 kgs. The best part about this product is that even a single person can lift the hardtop using this product. It is compatible with Toyota, Ford, Chevrolet, Nissan, etc. The users assure that this unit will surely hold the cap in the air.
Features and Specifications of Harken Hoister
- Harken Truck Hardtop Garage Storage Hoist weighs around 5.15 pounds. Its mechanical advantage is 8:1, which is quite remarkable.
- This product does not require any batteries. It is well designed and has considered safety and functionality as its top priorities. It is worth the price.
- It comes with a manual having some essential instructions that help you to install the Jeep hardtop hoist quickly, without putting many efforts.
- Installation is super easy. It’s just a four-point jeep hardtop hoist DIY kit. Its self-locking safety cleat grips instantly if the rope is accidentally released.
- Apart from the jeeps, this unit is also designed for bikes, boats & kayaks. This way, in some cases, you can also use kayak hoist for your jeep hardtop.
- Harken has convinced many buyers to trust its products because of the stainless-steel hardware, double-braid rope, strength, and durability.
2. Five Oceans Overhead Electric Jeep Hoist Crane
Five Oceans – 3780 Overhead Electric Hoist is designed for a robust and reliable lifting of small engines, transmissions, and extensive shop tools. The company provides six sizes – 220 lbs, 440 lbs, 880 lbs, 1100 lbs, 1320 lbs, and 2200 lbs. It is one of the most used jeep hardtop removal systems. It is famous for its versatility, ease, and value for money. Five Oceans jeep hardtop hoists are backed by a one-year limited warranty.
Features and Specifications of 440 lbs. Hoist
- Its automatic brake feature adds safety by preventing the chances of a breakdown. It is ideal for the garage, shop, farm, or job site.
- If you choose a single-line capacity, then its electric motor with heavy-duty tethered remote control can lift upto 220 pounds at a rate of 33 feet per minute.
- Even if you select double-line capacity, then its 460-watt can also lift up to 440 pounds at a rate of 16 ft./min. The pulley hook is included.
- The kit includes one 440lb Electric Hoist, one Double Line Pulley, two Mounting Bracket, and an Instruction Manual. It is quick to install and easy to use.
- The stop bracket automatically shuts down the hoist if the line blocker begins to pull it upwards. The cable length is around 39.4 feet, with a diameter of 3.15 mm.
- It comes with a 5-ft power cord and 6 foot tethered remote control with power up/ down. It’s a fully automatic elevator that does not require any hand cranking.
- It offers a maximum speed of 33.0 feet per minute for a single line lift and 16.5 feet per minute for a double line lift.
3. Goplus Electric Wire Hardtop Hoist
If you are looking for a heavy-duty and durable jeep hardtop removal system, try Goplus Electric Wire Hoist. These hoists are available in three sizes – 440 lbs, 880 lbs, and 1320 lbs. Many professionals consider this product as a DIY jeep hardtop hoist. The assembling is easy, as the kit includes everything you’ll need in the mounting process. Once you have installed it, the hoist is ready to use from the very next minute.
Key Features and Specifications
- The best part about this product is that it is compact and lightweight. It doesn’t consume high electricity because of its ETL approved heat dissipation ability.
- Goplus offers a 39 feet long, high-strength carbon steel line cable with a diameter of ⅛ inches. It is braided and comes with anti-twist technology.
- It includes a rugged steel shell and mounting hanging clamp brackets. It comes with reliable hardware that makes the wired host durable and long-lasting.
- The hoist single hook lift-speed is up to 26 ft/min, and height is around 39 ft. For the double hook, the maximum lift-speed is approximately 13 ft/min with 20 ft of altitude.
- This hoist is fully automatic and does not need any hand cranking. Its built-in safety braking mechanism and thermal protection device ensure full safety.
- It is perfect for lifting from small engines, transmissions to extensive shop tools or building supplies in factories, warehouses, and cargo berth.
- Apart from the jeep hardtop, it is also able to lift regular or irregular sized/shaped stones, trees, mower, or even engines and truck top cover, etc.
4. Hoist-A-Top Lange Originals Power Hoist
Whether you own a jeep wrangler, a truck, a boat, or a kayak, Hoist-A-Top can become your one-time solution. When it comes to power hoist or top removal systems, 014-210 formerly 014-601 Lange Originals Power Hoist is a name that enters the mind of professionals. It comes with a push-button that helps in the removal. You can easily store the jeep hardtop to the ceiling or the sidewall of your garage.
Key Features and Specifications
- An electric winch operates this well-designed hoist. So even if you don’t have any helping hand, you can remove the hardtop in just three minutes.
- The hooks helpful in lifting the hardtop are rubber coated. The other materials are covered with foam to prevent any damage to the vehicle’s paint.
- You don’t have to use a drill because of its ‘Turn-Key System.’ It is quite expensive but accepted by many people because of its fantastic performance.
- There is a quick rear hook that helps the user to lift and store the hardtop or any other top with the rear window closed. It doesn’t need much space for storage.
- The company uses an extraordinary, well-balanced, and sturdy steel frame that can attach the vehicle to the top in no time without drilling.
- Just like the other lifts, the Lange power hoist is also easy to install. It comes with a complete and excellent installation instructions guide. Try it if it suits your budget.
5. Partsam Zinc-Plated Steel Wire Overhead Crane
Get a lightweight, compact, and versatile electric hoist from Partsam and get rid of all installation and removal issues of Jeep hardtop. Not only hardtops, but it can also lift and store regular or irregular shaped things such as stones, trees, or even the mowers. You can save any of these things easily without taking too much space. It provides full flexibility as you can install it either horizontally or vertically.
Key Features and Specifications
It can be controlled by a high-tech but easy to use remote control. There are also some colored, remote buttons for emergency stop, up, and down.
- The garage ceiling pulley winch with premium 6’x2 & 36″x2″ lift Sling makes the work more comfortable than the others. The elevator works with 1.676 HP.
- The length of its power supply cord is 2.4 ft. and the length of the remote control cord is about 5 ft. The cable contains Zinc-plated steel wire.
- The lifting weight of this unit is around 660 lb with a height of 38 ft. for single-line and 1320 lb with a height of 19 ft. for the double line.
- Hoist’s single cable lifting speed is about 33 feet per minute, and double cable lifting speed is about 16.5 feet per minute.
- This product is not waterproof and can be used only for indoor projects. You can also reverse it at the same speed for lowering.
- It comes with a panic button. You should just twist the red knob to release if your Stop button stuck by chance. This feature ensures double safety.
- Generally, the lift automatically shuts off when it reaches its maximum height. But, you can also squeeze the ropes together with your hand to micro move the load.
6. Sportsman Series Ehoistul Lift Electric Jeep Hoist
This product is as versatile as other products, but what makes it different from others is its mounting ability. You can lift small engines, transmissions, large shop tools, or building supplies, etc. and store it firmly up to 38 feet in the air within no time! It can keep your valuable jeep wrangler top lift near the ceiling or overhead beam. You can also use this machine to move heavy equipment or trees, stone, etc.
Key Features and Specifications
- It has a 5 feet wired control switch. The high carbon steel cable is braided, having the ⅛ inch of thickness. Its maximum lifting height is around 38 feet.
- This unit provides 5 AMP/ 460 Watt rated current, and 110 Volts/ 60 Hz rated voltage. Its motor is powerful and runs with the ¾ horsepower.
- This machine is ideal for lifting any heavy items. It is safe and comfortable to move or lift any equipment, tools, or supplies weighing up to 440 pounds.
- It is fully automatic. The elevator does not need any hard cranking. This feature makes it possible for anyone to lift any bulky loads like a tractor/engine repairs.
- Its maximum lifting speed is 33 feet per minute. Its single-cable lifting capacity is 220 lbs with a height of 38 feet, and its double cable lifting capacity is around 440 lbs with a speed of 16.5 feet per minute. In short, it is a good purchase deal.
7. Kaixun Power Jeep Hardtop Removal System
The final product of our detailed review on the best jeep hardtop lift and storage is the Kaixun Power Lift Electric Hoist. Just like some standard hoists, this unit is also controlled by an electrical winch. It makes the lifting and moving procedures easy and quick even for a single person. It is a complete package. It stabilizes the weight on the first lift hook. Moreover, it is inexpensive, which is a high motivation to buy and try it.
Key Features and Specifications
- Its lifting capacity is 220 lbs for single-line and 440 lbs for double-line. The lifting height is around 38 feet for single-line and 19 feet for double-line.
- The length of this power cord is 2.4 feet, and the remote control cord is about 5 feet long. It runs with a high capacity of 0.68 Horsepower.
- The unit includes a separate hanging control handle that helps you to control the speed and power for lifting heavy materials. Remember, safety is the key.
- It also includes accessories like mounting clamps to fix the overhead or rotating support and emergency stop switch for safety purposes.
- The kit includes a built-in cable guide for smooth installation and operations. There is a 38-meter steel wire cable with sheave pulley lift hook and weighted lift hook.
- Its 110 Volt powered mechanism is just perfect for any grounded household outlets.
Things to Consider While Buying a Hardtop Hoist for Jeep
It is essential to have sufficient space in your garage where you can set up a hoist. Make sure that the garage has a ceiling where the hardtop hoist can accommodate and work best for your vehicles. The ceiling height is the biggest factor you should never miss. A 10 ft ceiling is enough for most of the hardtop hoists. Still, it is advisable to check the specifications to ensure that your model is compatible with your garage height.
If you believe that the installation procedures are the same for every model, then it’s not 100% right. There are different installation for different models of jeeps. Some processes are slow, and others are fast, like a bullet train! It depends on the hardtop hoists and its mechanism. So, before buying a hardtop hoist for your jeep, you should decide your priority between the time, money, and speed of the hoist.
Before you choose any of these hardtop hoists, you must know how compatible your jeep hardtop and the hoist are! If you want to lift or move the hardtop, you must be aware of the fact that there can be many differences in the design and size of the hardtops. All elevators are not made for your vehicle. So, make sure that you are buying the one that matches your jeep and is not going to harm the hardtop.
You may know that the lifts are powered by using two techniques. They are powered by an electric winch, or they can be completely manual. The manual hoists will need human interaction as you have to use your hands to lift the hardtop. Manual hoists require a lot of effort, while the electric/automatic hoists can work like butter. They are smooth to operate, and even a single person can use it without taking anyone’s help.
After reading about the best jeep hardtop hoist, now you know that each hoist has a different weight capacity. Some can go up to 450 pounds, and some can only take up to 220 pounds. So, it is essential to know exactly how much you will be pulling and what is the maximum capacity of the elevator you are willing to buy. Do not invest your money for more than you need or require. Ask questions and get information before deciding.
Never settle for less. Keep one thing in mind that your safety is in your hands. Always invest in best quality products. Your hoist must be constructed from materials that are of high quality. It should be durable and long-lasting. The hardware should be strong enough to hold the jeep hardtop, and the installation, processing, and maintenance parts should be easy and convenient.
As the manual jeep hardtop hoist process will require more effort, they are less costly. On the other hand, fully automatic hoists are more expensive but very comfortable to use. Again, you have to decide your priorities here. The more cost you are willing to pay, the more fabulous the product you may get. Of course, there are exceptions. But most of the time, the companies that offer the best specifications also charge more for the same. So, decide wisely.
These are the top choices of Jeep hardtop hoist. Just like the bedliner installation and other jeep operations, lifting and storing hardtops is an unavoidable task. You have to be extra careful and must take extra precautions while working with hoists. We hope you have found this detailed review useful. Now you can easily decide which product you should purchase from these removal systems. Enjoy the process, and always learn something new! 🙂