Intake elbow is also popular as a suction elbow. It works to direct the fluid into the pump. It is usually at an angle of 90 degrees. They are either cast or welded to get the desired shape.
Best Intake Elbow For 5.9 Cummins
The right intake elbow can lower EGT and enhance the throttle response, improving the overall performance of the vehicle. It is also responsible for keeping the entire system cool, which in turn ensures that the engine lasts longer.
Since the intake elbow is not a commonly discussed topic, many users do not know when to replace it and which one to purchase. If you are one of these users, you have come to the right place.
Our experts conducted some research, tried a few of the top rated intake elbow pipes and shortlisted the following for you. All of these are reliable and deserve your attention.
1. 5.9 High Flow Intake Elbow
The first intake elbow on our list has been specifically designed for 1998 to 2005 Dodge Ram 5.9L Cummins Diesel engine models. Its features are as follows:
- It has mandrel bent tubing with TIG welds.
- The elbow has been pressure tested to be strong and reliable.
- Along with the intake elbow you will receive a gasket for easy installation.
- This is a high-flow intake elbow that works well to keep the temperature and pressure optimum.
- It has a 4 1/8 NPT fitting. This measurement will help you determine whether it is an ideal choice for your vehicle.
2. High Flow Raw Intake Elbow Pipe
Here’s another high flow intake elbow pipe for you. It is one of the more reliable choices at a comfortable price. Let’s take a closer look:
- This is an aluminum tube – mandrel bent.
- It comes with the necessary hardware such as clamp connects and silicone hoses for installation.
- It has 3 1/8 fitting for the boost gauge. This number will come in handy for you during fitment.
- It fits all 2003 to 2007 models.
- It has the ability to hold high boost.
- The kit is designed to deliver optimum performance.
3. SUPERFASTRACING High Flow Silver Intake Elbow
This is an excellent kit consisting of all the required materials for installation. Its features are attractive enough to make you stop and consider it. Don’t believe us? Take a look!
- It has been designed for 2003 to 2007 Dodge Ram 5.9 Cummins models.
- The intake elbow has a bent aluminum tube (mandrel) and a CNC base plate.
- It is capable of handling very high boost levels with the utmost ease.
- Once you install this intake elbow, you will see a significant improvement in performance.
- For gauges, it has 3 1/8 NPT fitting.
4. Intake Elbow Sinister Blue for Dodge Cummins 5.9L
With an eye-popping color and a great design, this particular product is quite hard to ignore. It has an aluminum construction and the following features:
- It is completely TIG-welded and has mandrel-bent tubing.
- The billet flanges are CNC machined for added durability.
- If you are using a boost gauge, you must note the fitting. It is 1/8 NPT.
- This intake elbow is perfect for older models of the 5.9L Cummins – from 1998.5 to 2002.
- While the installation is easy, professional assistance is recommended.
5. High Flow Intake Elbow Tube for 2003 to 2007 Dodge Ram 5.9 Cummins
The last one on our list is another excellent intake elbow tube with some admirable features. For starters, it is suitable for Dodge Ram Cummins models from 2003 to 2007. Here are more details:
- It has 2 clamps, each measuring 3.5 inches.
- The intake elbow also comes with a silicone boot that measures 3.5 inches.
- You will not have to purchase anything additional because the kit includes installation hardware.
- It is made of aluminum and has mandrel bent tubing.
- It has 3 1/8 NPT fitting.
Choosing the right intake elbow may take time but it is totally worth the effort because this is a crucial part. For your 5.9 Cummins, you can pick any of the above and we are positive that you will be satisfied. If you have any doubts or would like additional help, please feel free to leave a comment.