Whoever invented coilovers was a genius! They serve a very crucial purpose of lowering the center of gravity in a vehicle. What happens due to that? Turns are easier because the weight transfer is reduced and seamless. Having said that, you should understand that coilovers are not suitable for daily driving. They provide better stability and ride quality on rough terrains.
Benefits of Coilovers For Integra
Many people might wonder why they should lower the center of gravity in the first place. If it makes daily driving uncomfortable, is it really worth it? Well, that’s the thing. Coilovers are not for those who only use their vehicle for regular driving. They are for individuals who use uneven terrains frequently. The benefits of installing coilovers are as follows:
- It improves handling, making sure that turns are smooth and the shift in weight does not affect the way you drive.
- Acceleration and braking also cause a shift in weight and coilovers handle this as well. This automatically delivers better acceleration and easier braking.
- A lowered car has its own flair and aesthetics. This is because one immediately connects it with a racecar. So, once you install coilovers, your Integra will get a makeover.
- Coilovers are adjustable, which means you can change the height based on your needs. In summers, it can be low while in winters, you can lift it to protect it from snow and water.
Best Coilovers For Integra
Acura Integra is a great looking car that is compared with racecars. If you own one and want an upgrade, changing or installing coilovers is the right way to go. Below are some of our top choices:
1. MaXpeedingrods Coilovers Strut For Integra
Highly rated and liked by most of its users, the MaXpeedingrods Coilovers Strut is compatible with Integra models from 1990 to 1993. You can also use it for Honda Civic models (1988-2000). Here’s why you should consider buying this set:
- These are high quality coilovers with minimal spring distortion (0.04%).
- You can lower the height of your vehicle from 1 to 3 inches, based on your needs.
- Many components are made of aluminum, which lends hardness to the coilovers. It also makes them more rigid, strong, and durable.
- The twin-tube design of the shock absorbers lowers resistance due to friction and reduces temperature.
- You will experience much better control and performance with these coilovers.
2. Coilovers Strut Kit for Acura Integra
Here’s another kit for Acura Integra models from 1990 to 1993. These coilovers come with suspension springs and provide adjustability. Their features are as follows:
- These coilovers are highly flexible, allowing you to adjust most features such as the height and pre-load spring tension.
- The damper is, however, not adjustable.
- Their twin tube design ensures that there is no problem with frictional resistance. It also increases the efficiency of the vehicle while keeping the temperature low.
- Since most of the kit is made of aluminum, you can expect high strength and rigidity.
- The spring distortion is almost zero thanks to its high tensile performance spring.
- In this kit you will get a set of 4 shock absorbers and the necessary hardware for installation.
- These coilovers suit anyone who uses fast roads, drifts, and tracks. However, with a few adjustments, you can use them for daily driving as well.
3. Skunk2 Racing Coilover Springs for Acura Integra and Honda Civic
These coilover springs come with a threaded and shortened body and are perfect for most Integra models. A few impressive highlights are as follows:
- They have a hard chrome shaft with a super-finish.
- The shaft stroke is considerably reduced, enabling full travel.
- They have fixed dampening, but the height is adjustable.
- The spring pre-load is independent.
- The coilovers’ bushings are made of polyurethane to enable better shock feedback.
- They all have billet top hats.
4. Coilover Suspensions Shock Struts Spring Assembly
If you have newer models of Acura Integra (1994 to 2001), this is the set for you. It comes with multiple features that we are sure you will like. A few of them are as follows:
- These coilovers make control easy and improve the stability of the ride significantly. You will notice a clear difference during corner turns and bumping.
- When carrying heavy loads and using rough roads, you will experience more comfort and control. It also takes care of the vibrations.
- The coilovers have a precise design and are constructed to be durable and safe.
- The top mount is made of aluminum, and it has a pillow ball design.
- The shocks’ twin tube design lends control and stability to the entire system.
- While the height is adjustable, the camber plate is not.
5. MaXpeedings Coilovers for Honda Civic and Acura Integra
This is another set of coilovers from MaXpeedings with some really good features. You can consider it as an alternative to the others on this list. Here’s why we like it:
- The kit has twin tube shocks with 24 clicks rebound adjustment.
- It provides various ride adjustments, allowing you to go as low as 3 inches.
- The coil spring has high tensile strength along with surface treatment that enables better performance and more durability.
- Hardness is another factor we like here. It is made of aluminum, which is why it is quite rigid and hard.
- It has an adjustable damper, which makes it unique and gives an edge over the rest.
- The dust cover ensures that there is no spillage of lubricants.
Adding coilovers is an excellent way to upgrade your Acura Integra and take your ride experience to another level. We hope our article gave you a clear idea of the same. If you have any doubts, please let us know and we will be happy to help.