Brake rotors serve an essential function in a vehicle. As the name suggests, they ensure that the braking system of your vehicle is smooth and quiet. They also boost the performance of vehicles and make the journey safe. Without brake rotors, you may have a difficult time driving because your brakes will not perform efficiently. That’s a risk no one wants to take, is it?
If you own a Honda Odyssey and are looking to replace its brake rotors, this is the perfect guide for you. We have put together the top 5 brake rotors for you to choose from. Let’s take a look at them.
Best Brake Rotors For Honda Odyssey
Our experts have compared numerous products available online to shortlist these 5 for you. Make sure you go through all of them before making a purchase.
1. Centric 120.40064 Premium Brake Rotor
The Centric Brake Rotor is a machined rotor that weighs around 22 pounds and does its job well. It is Made in China and imported to be available to all areas of the USA. Below are a few important details:
- They are easy to install and you will face no problem throughout the process.
- The rotors are made of high quality materials, making them long-lasting.
- If your vehicle has OEM brakes that make grinding noises, installing these will eliminate that problem. Just make sure you buy the right brake pads as well.
- The braking distance is improved and better than OEM in many cases.
- Even at highway speeds, you won’t experience any vibrations.
2. Bosch 26011454 QuietCast Premium Disc Brake Rotor
These brake rotors from Bosch have been engineered specifically for 2011 to 2015 models of the Honda Odyssey. They come with the following features:
- The rotors are precision-balanced to spread the weight evenly and ensure smooth functioning.
- They have a clear coating that protects them from corrosion and rust.
- You will experience a smooth pedal feel and stops because the rotors comply with DTV specifications.
- Once you install these rotors, you will see an improvement in the performance, cooling, and durability of your brakes. Many users have said that they exceed OEM standards.
- These brakes, which are designed for the rear, come with ABS Sensor Rings that provide easy operation.
3. Honda Odyssey R1 Concepts Front Brake Rotors Kit
This is a nice little kit with ceramic brake pads. So, if you are planning an entire overhaul of your braking system, this is a great choice. Here’s why:
- You will get 4 brake pads and 2 brake rotors in this kit along with all the hardware required for installation.
- They have precision-drilled holes that ensure even installation and good heat dissipation.
- They are countersunk to minimize the risk of cracks and stress caused due to heat.
- They have diamond slots that indicate the wear and tear of the rotors.
- These rotors are perfect for daily street driving, towing, hauling, off-road, and rally.
4. Honda Odyssey Front and Rear Brake Pads and Rotors
This set of rotors and pads is a direct replacement for OEM parts. It has been designed specifically for 2002 to 2004 models of the Honda Odyssey. Below are a few interesting features of this kit:
- It has ceramic pads that keep the noise at a minimum and do not allow any dust to settle on the pads.
- All the components in this kit are pre-matched to the components in the vehicle so that they fit exactly. You will not have to drill any additional holes.
- The pad bite in this kit is higher than many others in its league.
- This is an affordable solution for a complete makeover for your braking system.
5. Ft & Rr Brake Rotors and Pads
Here’s another complete kit for your brake system. It includes 6 pieces along with all the necessary hardware. Below are a few pointers:
- These are semi-metallic or ceramic brake pads with a good pad bite.
- They are designed to be direct OEM replacements and meet OE standards. In some cases, they perform even better.
- The manufacturers offer a 2-year warranty on these parts, which is quite exceptional.
- The parts have been manufactured by certified factories to meet all specifications and standards.
People also ask
1) Which brand of brake rotor is the best?
Our vote goes to Bosch but the others on our list are also quite good and definitely worth a shot.
2) When should I replace my Honda Odyssey brake rotors?
At 70,000 miles or sooner, depending on usage.
3) Are thicker brake rotors better?
Yes, they are better because they are able to store more heat.
4) Do better brake rotors make a difference?
Yes, because better brake rotors can dissipate heat better and prolong the durability of the vehicle.
5) How do I know when my rotors are bad?
You will see definite signs such as the following:
- Vibrating steering wheel
- Excessive wear
- Noise every now and then
Brake pads and brake rotors must be maintained well and replaced as and when necessary. Using faulty parts can hamper performance and put you at risk because the brakes won’t function efficiently. We recommend that you choose any of the options from our list for a smooth and proficient driving experience. If you have any concerns, please feel free to reach out to us.