Best 700R4 Rebuild Kit – Top reviewed transmission rebuild kit
All set to rebuild your transmission? Congratulations!
But hey, there’s something you should know before you go ahead because there are multiple 7400R4 rebuild kits in the market. Which one should you go with? What are the things you should remember before jumping the gun? We have all the answers along with an elaborate list of the best heavy-duty transmission rebuild kits on the market today. Let’s get going then!
The first thing you should do is ask yourself why you are rebuilding the transmission? The most common reasons are:
- To repair it so that you get back on the road without spending too much money or time
- For a complete overhaul so that there are no more weaknesses in the transmissions
- To upgrade the transmission even though it is working fine because you want its load capacity to improve
You may want all these improvements together as well. It is all about your choice. But why this exercise is important is, you will understand which rebuild kit is the best for you once you realize the main reason.
Now, let’s move to things you should note before choosing a rebuild kit –
- Model and year of the vehicle
- Transmission model
- State of the transmission – is it damaged? If yes, how bad is it?
- Structure of the oil pan
- Type of piston
- Type of body plate
Only when you know the issue and the details of your vehicle can you pick the best transmission rebuild kit without having any regrets in the future. Now, without any further ado, we will jump right into the reviews.
Best 700R4 rebuild kit
After comparing, using, and taking into account many user reviews, here are our top picks:
1. JEGS Transmission Rebuild Kit – 62106
This kit is suitable for 1987 to 1993 GM models. It is a complete kit that includes steel clutch plates, high-energy band, filters, gaskets, modulators, bushings, etc. Here are reasons why you should buy it:
- It has 30-spline and lockup
- Once you purchase this, you won’t have to buy anything else to start the rebuilding process. The kit has it all.
- All parts of made of the highest quality and are known to do justice to the price.
- The installation process is quite easy.
- Good quality
- Value for money
2. 700R4 Rebuild Kit – High Performance
This rebuild kit is suitable for those who want to improve the performance of their transmission. It has been designed especially for 187 to 1993 GM models. A few features are as follows:
- It is a gasket and seal overhaul kit.
- It comes with an alto clutch module, filter, piston, high energy carbon band, and a separator plate.
- It also has 3/4 steels.
- While it does improve performance slightly when installed correctly, it mainly works to restore factory ride.
- Excellent quality
- Value for money
- Factory restoration even for old trucks
- Does not include bushings
- Only has 3/4 steels. If you need other steels, you will have to buy them separately
3. TH700R4 Master Overhaul Rebuild Kit
This particular rebuild kit will work even on older models. It suits models from 1982 to 1993. So if you have a truck manufactured in this time period, you won’t go wrong with this one! Here are some of the features we love:
- It contains rubber O-rings, paper gaskets, filter, a complete steel plate set, sealing rings, metal clad seals, etc.
- It also comes with a friction plate set that has all the plates you need during the rebuilding process.
- You can buy this kit for a complete overhaul especially if your transmission is damaged.
- Excellent quality
- Comes with everything you need for the rebuilding process
4. B&M Transkit Automatic Rebuild Kit for Transmission
This is a DIY kit that includes everything you need to rebuild the transmission yourself! Why should you buy this for a 1987 – 1993 truck though? Here are the reasons –
- You need only this kit and nothing else to convert the valve body to an automatic valve body (or manual based on specs).
- The friction materials are made of very high quality.
- The kit also includes a drain plug kit, an overhaul gasket set, and special springs & valves for replacement.
- The kit has clear installation instructions to help you assemble according to given specifications
- You get a 1-year limited warranty with this kit.
- Good quality
- Does not have all the bearings and bushings required
5. ATP CM-40 – Transmission Repair Kit (Automatic)
The ATP CM-40 repair kit is one of our favourite choices. It comes with so many features that you will want to buy it right away! Let’s go through what those features really are:
- It has premium clutch material that ensures high wear resistance, load stability, and smooth shifting.
- The steel plates in the kit has been designed keeping the exact measurements in mind. This ensures quick installation without modifications.
- The O-rings, seal, and gaskets are also exact replacements.
- The parts are neatly packed so that transportation does not compromise their quality.
- OE level or improved performance
- Exact measurements
- It is not a complete overhaul kit
Depending on your choices and budget, you can choose from any of these kits. We are positive that you will be satisfied. If you need any other details or have doubts regarding transmission rebuild kits, please feel free to comment.