People who own vehicles know how vital their maintenance is. Large automobiles such as cars and trucks need frequent servicing and maintenance given to the rough use of the vehicle. If you are in a transport business, then you might be aware of the need for a Bedliner for a truck. Bedliner is a coating that can be applied to the carrier space of the truck to avoid any damage to both the products and truck. This coating forms a protective layer that provides the cargos with skid resistance. There are many types of bed liners available for trucks. Choosing the ideal one for your vehicle might be a challenging task.
The most commonly used bed liners are drop-in and spray-on bed liners. I have curated a list of the best truck bed liner consisting of the different types. These alternatives are more like do it yourself bed liner, which you can easily set on your own.
Comparison of DIY Bed Liner kits
Herculiner HCL1B8 U-POL 0820V
Type Brush-on Spray-Gun No Included Manufacturer Herculiner U-Pol Dupli-Color Quantity 11.6 pounds 11.8 pounds 2.6 pounds Dimensions 10 x 7 x 8 inches 9 x 6.5 x 12 inches 4.2 x 4.2 x 4.9 inches Customer review 3.3 out of 5 4.7 out of 5 4.5 out of 5 Price $93.39 $118.96 $39.99 Preview
Go through the list and find the one that suits your criteria and budget.
1. Herculiner HCL1B8 Brush on Bed Liner Kit
The first product on this list is this Herculiner HCL1B8. It is a do it yourself rhino liner for your truck. This bed liner offers a coating that is five times thicker than the other roll on bedliners. The option is not only a top seller, but it has also gotten five-star reviews from customers too. The bed liner kit includes one gallon of ready to use black coating, two rollers and brush for a smooth application. The coating of this brush-on bedliner adds extra shine and can also be used as a touch-up layer.
Features of this amazing Brush on Bed Liner Kit from Herculiner are as below:
The HCL1B8 is a ready-to-use black protective coating for your truck bed.
- It offers a tough, polyurethane protective coating with extra shine.
- The bed liner provides a skid-resistant surface that does not peel, flake, or chip.
- It also gives protection against rust, corrosion and extreme conditions.
- This brush-on bed liner kit is resistive against oil, solvents, gasoline, and other chemicals
- It can be applied on metal, wooden or concrete surfaces.
2. U-POL 0820V Truck Bed Liner Kit with 726 Gun
Another excellent option for someone who is looking for a Bedliner that dries down quickly is this DIY truck bed liner kit. The package comes with a spray gun that helps in efficiently applying the coating of bed liner evenly on the surface. The spray-on bed liners are easy for beginners. The kit has all the materials required for applying the bed liner and the contents of the package are sufficient for applying the coating twice.
The U-POL 0820V Truck Bed Liner Kit with 726 Gun has features like:
- The Bedliner is scratch and stain resistant, making it more durable as compared to others.
- As the Bedliner is UV resistant, the coating doesn’t fade due to its exposure to the sun.
- The Bedliner is easy to apply and an easy DIY.
- This bed liner is waterproof and also dries rapidly after applying the coating.
- It is resistant to rust, corrosion and harsh weather conditions.
3. Al’s Liner ALS-BL Black Premium DIY Bed Liner Kit
One of the popular options among the truck owners for professional-grade bed liner kit is AI’s liner kit. It is a do-it-yourself spray-on bedliner kit. The bed liner gives a lasting finish to the surface along with the protection. The kit comes in three variant options: premium black, tan and gray. The kit consists of three products, which include a primer, color and sprayer along with the manual and paddle for mixing the components. It also works well for running boards, bed rails, rocker panels and others.
Features of AI’s Liner ALS-BL Black Premium DIY Bed Liner Kit are:
- This spray-on bedliner gives a polyurethane high solid coating to the truck’s surface.
- The bedliner can be applied in the desired thickness by increasing the coating of it.
- It is resistant to rust and corrosion, thus keeps the fading of bedliner at bay.
- The coating also offers resistance to gasoline, chemicals, solvents and oils.
- A flat-look or textured look of the coating can be achieved depending upon the method of application.
4. Herculiner HCL0B7 Brush on Bed Liner
This alternative is ideal for the people who are searching for an excellent and premium brush on bed liners. Herculiner DIY bed liners are textured and formulated using rubber as well as polyurethane. The unique combination of the materials used in the making of the bed liner makes it suitable for application on metal, concrete, rubber, plastic, or any other surfaces. The Bedliner can be used multiple times for applying the coating of Bedliner in your truck.
Herculiner HCL0B7 Brush On Bed Liner has features like:
- This roll-on brush Bedliner is skid resistant and is also resistant to rust.
- The finish of this bed liner is similar to that of the professional spray-on bed liners.
- The coating of the bed liner is durable and doesn’t chip, peel or flake.
- This DIY Bedliner is available in three different options to choose from.
- It is also efficient in preventing corrosion and seals the surface of the truck from external factors.
5. U-POL Tintable Spray On BED LINER Kit
There is another bedliner kit from the brand of U-POL, which is specially formulated for giving the lasting finish. The kit consists of a hardener and liner, which help in achieving the paint-like finish. As these are the spray-on bed liners, it can be applied easily with the spray guns it comes with. It dries completely and the application process of the bedliner is given with all instructions in the manual included in the kit. The two-step application of this bedliner makes it different from all other alternatives.
Features of U-POL Tintable Spray On Bed Liner Kit are:
- The kit contains four bottles of bed liner base, one liter of hardener, spray gun and application manual.
- The bed liner helps in giving protection against corrosion and rust.
- It can also withstand harsh weather conditions and extreme temperatures.
- This spray-on bedliner is UV resistant and thus, the coating is not chipped or peeled due to its exposure to the sun.
- The bedliner coating also protects the surface of the truck against abrasion and stains.
6. Linerxtreeme Spray on Bedliner Kit Black
The next alternative for the jeep or truck owners looking for spray-on bed liners is this Linerxtreeme bed liner kit. The brand is popular among the jeep and truck owners for its premium quality products. The kit has two reducer cans of sprayable bedliner that can cover up to 100 square feet of the surface. The finish of the bed liner is like that of a professional one. It can be used for trucks, boats, jeeps and other automobiles as well. The lasting finish of this product makes it worth the price.
Linerxtreeme Spray on Bedliner Kit has features like:
- The bedliner has excellent adhesion and also offers resistance against UV.
- It gives a semi-gloss finish that is long-lasting and offers protection to the surface of trucks against external impacts.
- The kit contains three gallons of sprayable bedliner coating and a spray gun to apply the coating.
- It comes with a manual having all the necessary instructions for coating the bed liner on your truck.
7. Dupli-Color BAQ2010 Bed Armor DIY Truck Bed Liner Kit
One of the popular choices for the water-based bedliners is this Dupli-Color BAQ2010 DIY truck bed liner kit. It comes in solvent variant too and hence anyone can select the option depending upon the surface of their truck. The bedliner is formulated using Kevlar, which makes it resistant to gasoline and other such similar chemicals for automobiles. The bedliner offers superior adhesion and increased flexibility as compared to the alternatives of bedliners. It can be used alone as a touch-up layer on other bedliners as well as for coating the surface completely.
Features of Dupli-Color BAQ2010 Bed Armor DIY Truck Bed Liner Kit are:
- The bedliner gives a water-based polyurethane coating that has no odors and is also easy to apply.
- It is resistant to rust and doesn’t chip, peel, or flake easily.
- This DIY bedliner gives a durable and rubberized finish that maintains the surface of the truck and protects it from the external conditions.
- It can be used on the wood, metal, concrete and other types of surfaces in automobiles.
- This bedliner is available in several colors such as black, olive, sandstorm, clear and others.
8. Rust-Oleum 248914 Automotive Truck Bed Coating Spray
The last option on this list is this Rust-Oleum automotive truck bed liner. This Bedliner is a spray-on bed liner that is easy to apply and gives an excellent finish. One can also order the bed liner applicator for making the application process of the Bedliner easy and hassle-free. Apart from using it as a primary bedliner coating, you can also use its coating as a touch-up layer on the existing bed liner in your truck. Applying two coats of this spray-on bedliner is recommended for getting better results.
Check the features of Rust-Oleum 248914 coating spray below:
This spray-on bed liner is skid-resistant, abrasion-resistant and textured.
- The bed liner provides a barrier against rust and extreme weather conditions.
- It is also efficient in providing resistance for fading, scratches and other impacts caused due to other factors.
- The coating spray also helps in reducing the noise and vibrations caused while driving.
- As it is a spray-on bedliner, the tough contours and edges of the surface can also be coated evenly.
How To Apply Bedliner?
The truck is a workforce for its owner. It works day and night for heavy duty cargo shifts when needed. If you are too a truck owner, then you most probably know all the usefulness of your beloved truck and how it helps to save your time and earn more money. But just respecting your truck by words and from the heart is not enough, you should take care of some essential parts of your truck, and a truck-bed is one of them.
There are various types of bed liners are available in the market like spray-on, roll-on, and brush-on. You can choose among them as per your need and budget. Today we will see a step-by-step guide to install a spray-on bed liner on your truck bed.
There are three main parts in the process of installing a DIY spray-on bed liner on the truck-bed; preparing, cleaning, and coating.
Step-1: Preparing the Bed
First of all, you should remove all the accessories from your truck-bed. It is also recommended that you remove the tailgate for easily applying the spray-on bed liner on it separately. Mask around the areas of the truck where you do not want to spray-on the liner.
Step-2: Cleaning the truck-bed
After doing this, clean the bed thoroughly by washing it. Use a wax-free car wash soap for this. Clean all the dust and debris from the bed. Use a sandpaper to scuff the bed surface to make the area clear and good for the liner to be applied. Now, wait until it dries.
Step-3: Coating your truck-bed with the spray-on bed liner
Apply the coat of primer or equivalent adhesion promotor before applying the bed liner. Choose the primer according to the type and formula of the bed liner you are going to use.
Now set up the gun and make an adjustment for the air pressure to smoothly apply the spray-on bedliner. Follow the instruction manual provided by the manufacturer for this. Don’t directly start applying the bedliner, first test the spray pattern of the bedliner on a small cardboard or something else. Change the spray pattern and adjust the air pressure according to your comfort and needs.
Keep the distance between the gun and the truck bed of at least 18 inches to have a perfect and well-finished coating. It also helps to reduce the shadow patterns from being formed. Wait for 10 minutes between two thin coats and continue this process until you get the desired output.
Remove the masking tapes after you have finished your job.
Tip: Remember that the spray-on bed liner is permanent, so be careful while applying it. Follow the instructions mentioned here and keep the manual of the bed liner kit in mind. Always wear safety gloves and glasses while applying the spray-on bedliner on the truck bed.
The spray-on bed liner protects your truck bed from scratching, scuffing and skidding damage by the cargo. It lies permanently on your truck-bed and gives a pleasant look to it. If you are non-professional, then the installation of a spray-on bed liner would be a little bit difficult for you. But, if you follow this step-by-step guide carefully, then you will get the result no lesser than from an expert.
Investing in a good, durable and excellent quality bedliner is of utmost importance as it not only protects the surface of the truck, but it also enhances the overall look of the vehicle. The above-stated options in the list are the best ones in the market and are also worth the price too. As all these bed liners are do-it-yourself, one can complete the process of its application with ease. If you are a beginner or doing it the first time, then I would suggest you to watch online tutorials or go through the manuals to apply the bed liner properly. Make sure not to drag or pull things kept on the bedliner to avoid scratches and peeling of the coating. I hope this article on the best DIY bedliner reviews helps you to find the suitable bedliner under your budget.