You get to benefit a lot by owning a truck, right? You move things from one place to another place which your truck can handle, you stay safe inside in bad weather conditions, you earn money by transporting good with it, and so much other advantages a truck owner has. Your truck is as hardworking as you, so it deserves a best do it yourself bed liner. Taking care and showing love towards your truck with the best truck bed liner is fair for what it does for you. We have provided the best DIY bedliner reviews here by considering the best do it yourself rhino liner and do it yourself bed liner of the year 2017. Check the bedliner reviews below and get the best DIY bedliner kit for your truck.
Comparison of DIY Bed Liner kits
10 x 7 x 8 inches
9 x 6.5 x 12 inches
4.2 x 4.2 x 4.9 inches
Customer review 3.3 out of 5
4.7 out of 5
4.5 out of 5
1. Herculiner HCL1B8 Brush on Bed Liner Kit
The Herculiner HCL1B8 is a do it yourself rhino liner for your truck. It is not only a top seller, but it also gets five-star reviews from the consumers too. When you want a do it yourself bed liner, then this Herculiner brush on bed liner kit is what you should get.
Features of this amazing Brush on Bed Liner Kit from Herculiner are as below:
- The HCL1B8 is a ready-to-use black protective coating for your truck bed
- It offers a tough, polyurethane protective coating with extra shine
- It is five times thicker than the other roll on bedliners
- It has a skid resistant surface which does not peel, flake, or chip
- It prevents rust by sealing and bonding all the surfaces
- This brush on bed liner kit is resistive against oil, solvents, gasoline, and other chemicals
2. U-POL 0820V Truck Bed Liner Kit with 726 Gun
The U-POL 0820V truck bed liner kit is an easy-to-use do it yourself bed liner. This spray on bedliner kit has enough material which can be sprayed two times even on the larger truck beds. Applying with shutz gun helps to obtain different textures and excellent adhesion.
The U-POL 0820V Truck Bed Liner Kit with 726 Gun has features like:
- It is stain and scratch resistant
- The black urethane bed liner kit helps deaden vibrations and sound
- The UV resistant truck bed coating will not fade
- Waterproof and durable DIY truck bed liner
- It dries rapidly and protects against damp, rust, corrosion salt, and extreme temperatures
3. Al’s Liner ALS-BL Black Premium DIY Bed Liner Kit
The AI’s Liner ALS-BL is a type of spray on bedliner kit. It uses a three component blended polyurethane for the bed coating of your truck. Spray bed liners are hard to apply than the brush on bed liners, but the three-part coating is somewhat more forgiving if the bed surface is not clean with a single component application.
Features of AI’s Liner ALS-BL Black Premium DIY Bed Liner Kit are:
- It provides high solid coating with three component blended polyurethane
- You can apply it to any texture or color
- You can mix it into smaller amount also
- This spray on bed liner kit includes Component A, B, and C in 70 ounces, 28 ounces, and 28 ounces respectively, 4-ounce color, primer and sprayer in 4 ounces, one paddle for mixing, and application instruction manual
4. Herculiner HCL0B7 Brush on Bed Liner
The Herculiner DIY bed liners are the bestselling do it yourself bed liners in the market. The Herculiner HCL0B7 Brush on Bed Liner bonds aluminum, wood, plastic, rubber, asphalt, and much more.
Herculiner HCL0B7 Brush On Bed Liner has features like:
- You can use it in more than 101 ways
- It provides a tough, textured, and protective polyurethane coating
- It is five times thicker than the other roll on bed liners
- It offers a skid resistant surface which does not flake, peel, or chip
- It prevents rust and seals the bed surface
- The best roll on bed liner available in the market today
5. U-POL Tintable Spray On BED LINER Kit
This U-POL bed liner kit is a two-component urethane system which is designed for the application to the most original paint finishes and self-etching surface of primer. This spray on bed liner kit protects against rust, UV damage, corrosion, and extreme temperature.
Features of U-POL Tintable Spray On Bed Liner Kit are:
- It is an easy to apply truck bed liner kit
- Just fill, shake, and spray on your truck bed
- Resistive against stains, abrasion, and dries quickly
- This DIY bed liner kit includes four bottles of bed liner base, one application gun, one liter of hardener, and application instruction
6. Linerxtreeme Spray on Bedliner Kit Black
This spray on bedliner kit from Linerxtreeme will cover up to a surface area of 100 SQ. FT. It includes one gun and two reducer cans which double for the gun as cups.
Linerxtreeme Spray on Bedliner Kit has features like:
- This spray on bedliner kit offers a semi-gloss finished coating
- This product is loved by most of the truck, jeep, boat, and ATV owners
- It is durable and provides beautiful shine looks
- It comes with easy-to-follow one-page instruction manual
- It comes in an amount of three gallons
7. Dupli-Color BAQ2010 Bed Armor DIY Truck Bed Liner Kit
This Dupli-Color BAQ2010 DIY truck bed liner kit has a water-based formula. It cleans up with soap and water and odor less. It dries quickly and resistant to gasoline, oil, and other automotive chemicals.
Features of Dupli-Color BAQ2010 Bed Armor DIY Truck Bed Liner Kit are:
- It offers flexibility, impact resistance, and superior adhesion
- It Contains Dupont Kevlar
- It can be re-used and easy for truck clean up
- It is a perfect do it yourself truck bed liner from Dupli-color
8. Rust-Oleum 248914 Automotive Truck Bed Coating Spray
The Rust-Oleum Automotive coating spray creates a barrier between the truck bed and rust by providing the long-lasting, non-skid finish. Not only for the primary coating, but you can also even use the 248914 spray as a touch-up layer on the existing truck bed liner. It provides the best results if you use the Rust-Oleum truck bed applicator kit with it.
Check the features of Rust-Oleum 248914 coating spray below:
- It offers elegant design and a smoother finish
- It helps to prevent both types of truck bed surfaces; metal as well as painted
- It is more convenient if you use it for small surfaces or if you want a coating at tight and curved surfaces like corners
- The textured finish acts as a barrier from abrasion and protects your truck bed from different weather condition, fading, and scratching
- It offers easy-to-spray coating, and if you want a perfectly even and smooth finish, you should apply two coats of this automotive spray
How To Apply Bedliner?
The truck is a workforce for its owner. It works day and night for heavy duty cargo shifts when needed. If you are too a truck owner, then you most probably know all the usefulness of your beloved truck and how it helps to save your time and earn more money. But just respecting your truck by words and from the heart is not enough, you should take care of some essential parts of your truck, and a truck-bed is one of them.
There are various types of bed liners are available in the market like spray-on, roll-on, and brush-on. You can choose among them as per your need and budget. Today we will see a step-by-step guide to install a spray-on bed liner on your truck bed.
There are three main parts in the process of installing a DIY spray-on bed liner on the truck-bed; preparing, cleaning, and coating.
Step-1: Preparing the Bed
First of all, you should remove all the accessories from your truck-bed. It is also recommended that you remove the tailgate for easily applying the spray-on bed liner on it separately. Mask around the areas of the truck where you do not want to spray-on the liner.
Step-2: Cleaning the truck-bed
After doing this, clean the bed thoroughly by washing it. Use a wax-free car wash soap for this. Clean all the dust and debris from the bed. Use a sandpaper to scuff the bed surface to make the area clear and good for the liner to be applied. Now, wait until it dries.
Step-3: Coating your truck-bed with the spray-on bed liner
Apply the coat of primer or equivalent adhesion promotor before applying the bed liner. Choose the primer according to the type and formula of the bed liner you are going to use.
Now set up the gun and make an adjustment for the air pressure to smoothly apply the spray-on bedliner. Follow the instruction manual provided by the manufacturer for this. Don’t directly start applying the bedliner, first test the spray pattern of the bedliner on a small cardboard or something else. Change the spray pattern and adjust the air pressure according to your comfort and needs.
Keep the distance between the gun and the truck bed of at least 18 inches to have a perfect and well-finished coating. It also helps to reduce the shadow patterns from being formed. Wait for 10 minutes between two thin coats and continue this process until you get the desired output.
Remove the masking tapes after you have finished your job.
Tip: Remember that the spray-on bed liner is permanent, so be careful while applying it. Follow the instructions mentioned here and keep the manual of the bed liner kit in mind. Always wear safety gloves and glasses while applying the spray-on bedliner on the truck bed.
The spray-on bed liner protects your truck bed from scratching, scuffing and skidding damage by the cargo. It lies permanently on your truck-bed and gives a pleasant look to it. If you are non-professional, then the installation of a spray-on bed liner would be a little bit difficult for you. But, if you follow this step-by-step guide carefully, then you will get the result no lesser than from an expert.
Dragging or pulling anything can leave immediate scratches on the truck bed, especially with the brand new trucks, it takes off the mood. Old trucks use wood which can be replaced after some years. You can also sue some cheap plastic drop-in bed liner for your automotive vehicle, but it can rub off the paint on the truck bed and can trap moisture underneath it. So, you need to get the perfect solution to avoid such situations, and the best DIY bedliner reviews will help you find that. If you want a custom made bedliner for your truck, then you can also go for the chevy colorado bedliner which comes in a wide range of choices. You will get the best spray in bedliner, best roll on bedliner, best spray on bedliner kit, and all the relevant things you want for your best truck bed liner.